Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Quintessential 80s Guy
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a great deal from this guy in Milwaukee for a 6" Payara. Well at least I thought it was a good deal 30 bucks. Anyone have any experience with these guys. Definitely looks like a cool fish. I know Innes will come up with some good links like he always does. I tried searching on my own, but failed
So maybe Innes has a little more ingenuity.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
we've spoken about this fish plenty of times do a search throught the this forum and you will find all the info and links needed..

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
That is one badass fish. If im correct at around 12" dies in most home aquarium duer to their sensetivity. But they're still baddass fish!!

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
I you like shy, stay still kinda fish with somme nasty teeth then its all you. Dont expect much action because they are ambush preds. 30 bucks is considered real cheap. There are many kinds of payara out there. Sabertooth i think are the biggest. Payaras need fast oxygenatied waters.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
a 6 inch piraya doesnt have long to live unless you have a 1 thousand gallon river current tank. You would probably need at least a 2000 gallon tank to keep these guys alive in captivity

·
Registered
213 Posts
pretty cool fish.. but i too have heard they die in aquariums after 12".. the guy at the lfs that had one for sale said they were relatively easy to care for though.. he had a 2.5" payara for sale foe $30.. i thought about it and decided not too.. he also told me that payara's have been known to even eat piranha's in the wild.. if you're looking for more info on payara's they are also known as dracula or vampire fish... good luck :smile:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts