Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i keep parrot fish and bumblebee puffer together. parrot fish is the runt and getting beat up in other tank

· tap or snap
10,596 Posts
depends on what the bumble bee puffer REALLY is. i'm not familiar with the common name of bumble bee puffer. but, if it's brackish, then no, you can't keep the two together.

parrotfish can also tend to be somewhat aggressive, at the same time, puffers are fin nippers and also aggressive. that mix isn't good.

· Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the 2 are bumblebee puffers are freshwater.. they are 1.5 inches. parrot fish is 3 inches

· Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here is a pic.

· Registered
10,778 Posts
i believe that is a

Tetraodon palembangensis
max size =about 19 CM-- or 7 inches
enviroment=freshwater

parrot will not go good with him, puffers have toxic skin, if the parrot attacks, they will prob BOTH end up dead.

· tap or snap
10,596 Posts
Filo said:
i believe that is a

Tetraodon palembangensis
max size =about 19 CM-- or 7 inches
enviroment=freshwater

parrot will not go good with him, puffers have toxic skin, if the parrot attacks, they will prob BOTH end up dead.
[snapback]871466[/snapback]​
actually thats far from a palembang puffer. i owned a t. palembangensis last year, this is it:
View attachment 47062

and freshwater puffers don't have toxic skin. the tetradotoxin is actually carried in their internal organs like the liver.

regardless, i still wouldn't advise mixing cichlids with puffers.

· Registered
158 Posts
Ok, at 1st I thought you were speaking of a dwarf puffer. Either way, I have kept both the dwarf & South American (what your puffer is) in the same tank as an adult parrot. Just make sure the puffers have plenty of hiding places. If you are keeping them together in a 20g, that is way too small for both as adults.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.