Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at what age will they pair off? and will they stay paired off?
i have three two at 2 inch's the other is around 1 inch

the two larger go out of the cave at ngiht an wander around and are allways swimming togethor.
the little one jsut hides unless food is in the tank.

if they pair off would i be able to keep only the pair and sellt he 3rd?

let me know please

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
innes only has 2 as do I because mine paired off and ate the other one, so if you have 2 that are paired then sell the third one

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am not sure. how do i tell if they are paired?
the two i think are pairs hunt togethor and eat togethor and chase off the msaller one. but they sometimes do take nips at each other.

they are definetly odd fihs

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am also worried about 2 of my rbp's. I have 6 rbp's and 4 have paired of together but the other 2 live on there own. When i say the 2 live on there own i mean seperately. The 2 are the smallest of the lot. Will they be ok of will they be fish food.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
voy they could be either ower males. or non dominent females

what size are they?

maybe try pulling/selling one and getting another the same size and hope its the oposite sex?

there so dman hard to sex i can never tell heh

·
Registered
302 Posts
yo mate they are about 3 inch. It's really just 1 i worry about more because it just sitts in the castle cave and hardly comes out. The other does come out but stays hidden most of the time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya my littlest guy is the same way. he just hides.
and if id ont give the larer ones a lot to eat. he starts getting nips
so i try to keep them full as possible.
within a month if he is sitll that much smaller i wll be selling him most likely

im still tryig to figure out if these guys are togethor or not though

·
Registered
873 Posts
I've never heard of p's pairing off that small, but it's a possibility. how big of a tank do you have the 3 reds in? if its big enough, I would add 2 other p's to spread out the aggression more, and take the focus off 1 pygo.

~Will.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts