Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you imagine it?!
Id just done a water change and was looking into the tank, when i noticed the smallest of my 3 p's had "done one"!!!!!.
Where was the little guy?, had he been eaten?, could i have sucked him up the gravelvac thingy?? - oh no!!!

But then i found him, hed got stuck under the clearwater bacteria bag placed in the tank!!!!

Littlle bugger - giving me a fright like that

Has anyone discovered their fish in unusal places??

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
OTHER THAN ON THE FLOOR DRIED UP NO LOL

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
That would suck to find one on the floor. I know what that panic feels like. A cold sweat comes over you. All sounds familiar.

~Dj

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have a super tall shot glass in my tank for my convicts to hide in. They're only like an inch right now so they need some good spots. So I walk in the other day, and one of my 3" red bellies is wedged all the way inside of the damn thing sitting there freaking out. there aren't any convicts in there, just the P and he's like "Ok this isn't fun anymore!!" it was funny, I had to pull the thing out of the water and let the vacuum seal break so that he'd slide back out. I was laughing pretty hard.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I found one of my first batch of reds dried out behind the tank, and two others of that batch disappeared without a trace (ie. eaten).
Of my current group, I found one under a piece of drift wood, completely out of sight - something must have really scared the bejeesus out of that little guy

But he was still alive when I found him...

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it true that P's can survive out of water for a suprisingly long amount of time??
I was told by my LFS that if i discovered one that had hopped out of the tank, i should put him back in!.

Please confirm wheather my LFS guy is currently on drugs or drink or both, or if theres any truth to it????

Thanks
peeps!!!!

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
lastyboy said:
Has anyone discovered their fish in unusal places??
I had a gold nugget pleco disapair for a week. I tore that tank apart looking too. I never found where it went, but its back now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts