21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
your correct - but why did't you post the pic of painted oscars then?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
That's stupid and cruel to do and if ya have p i think you should never buy them but if ya do don't feed them to piranha's

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
thanks

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
Moral issue
Many people believe that fish do not feel pain and so injecting them with dyes is perfectly acceptable. In fact, increasing scientific evidence suggests that fish are indeed capable of feeling pain, though we have no way of telling whether they perceive painful events in the same way as we do.
i personally believe that all living things that can be percieved by our eyes have nervous system that helps them respond to whatever foreign object that would touch their body structure. I dunno about microscopic microbes, but i can really imagine that pencil being jabbed through the diff parts of my body.

Its worst as that frankenfish

·
Registered
36 Posts
Has anyone got pictures of the dying process?

I mean i seen em at my local fish store, and i didnt buy them cause i thought "hmmm painted eh?" (yes im canadian =P)

i know the fish guy and he's not a franchise, its completly indipendant business.. and i could maybe explain it to him, but like a picture says a thousand words right?

Thx
HH

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Hey i overheard someone talking about a painted turtle?
does that mean they did that to the little turtle, cause that'd suck....

There's enough colorfull fish out there to satify everyone, don't see why they need to start painting them or "injecting die"

Just noticed the pic of the fish above... They look like Crackhead fish!!!!

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Scooby said:
Hey i overheard someone talking about a painted turtle?
does that mean they did that to the little turtle, cause that'd suck....

There's enough colorfull fish out there to satify everyone, don't see why they need to start painting them or "injecting die"

Just noticed the pic of the fish above... They look like Crackhead fish!!!!
I think there might be some painted turtle species..... not too sure though, I do not think it is the same as painted fish

21 - 40 of 61 Posts