Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about getting a pacu at the lfs here. It's a pretty good sized pacu(17" or more). If I get it then it will go in my pond in the backyard(around 13 feet long, 7 wide, and 4 1/2 deep). Will it survive in winter weather? If not then I wont even bother with it.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
routoq said:
Im thinking about getting a pacu at the lfs here. It's a pretty good sized pacu(17" or more). If I get it then it will go in my pond in the backyard(around 13 feet long, 7 wide, and 4 1/2 deep). Will it survive in winter weather? If not then I wont even bother with it.
[snapback]938049[/snapback]​
Highly doubtful..depending on what winter weather is for you. It would need to be heated either way.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
FreakyAcidTripper said:
you f*cking idiot pacus are not a piranha haha stupid m**********r
[snapback]938098[/snapback]​
He never said it was..Just because its in the "piranha discussion" doesnt mean people couldn't have put it in the wrong place. I personally would call you the stupid mother f*cker, not him..But hey, lets all play nice.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, seeing this is piranha discussion, I thought that people might know about Pacus(cousins of piranha). Before you open your mouth how about you think, idiot.

·
The ASSMAN
20,570 Posts
There are some calculations you can do to figure out how deep a pond needs to be to not freeze. Your problem might be that pacu are a tropical fish.

Not real sure though.

Moved to non-p.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know the pond is deep enough because I have other fish in it that have been there for years. Only around 3 inches freeze(if that).

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
I'd probably wait until winter is over but obviously it is up to you.

If you could cover the pond almost completely to keep the heat in, all the while having a huge heater in there, you might be able to pull it off.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well if it can't survive in winter than I'm not getting it because it would be in there year round. I don't have any tanks big enoughf or it that don't already have piranha in them.

·
Registered
24,433 Posts
routoq said:
Well if it can't survive in winter than I'm not getting it because it would be in there year round. I don't have any tanks big enoughf or it that don't already have piranha in them.
[snapback]938419[/snapback]​
As mentioned, they are tropical fish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.