Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Black Piranha said:
yes. they can and do really well but they have to grow up around eachother
yep It can be done if grown up with each other but sometimes it can go wrong. I have seen some new guy before at a LFS get a customer to return a red belly pacu and he thought it was a piranha and put it in with the P's ... wasnt pretty... they didnt kill it but damaged it severly... luckly someone that new something that worked there took it out asap and mangaed to save it ... that was atleast a month ago and it is still in the proccess of repairing itself...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
oh yah and another thing incase you didnt realize... if you plan on keeping these things forever you are going to need a giant aquarium ... they can get over a meter long :0

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
There has been occurences where pacus and Ps are housed in the same tank. Pacus being a vegetarian cousin to Piranhas. I had them together once, the pacu was a little larger in size with juvenile Ps. But like Snow said.. they do get huge. And the bigger they get.. the bigger appetite they'll also have for each other.

G

·
haha i actually have experience with this.... when my uncle was taking care of three of my rbp's all around 2-3 inches in a 80g tank he stuck in a red belly pacu to see if they were really piranhas and he said as soon as that pacu hit the water the piranhas smashed it againsta the glass and ate him.... the only thing left was his head.... so i wouldn't do it... at least not with my piranhas

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
anything you put in the tank is a potential meal. The pacu may last a year, or one mintute.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Yeah, I couldn't get a pacu, I just hate that head shape. It makes them look... dorky or soemthing. Stupid.

Why get a pacu when you could have that awesome, massive lower jaw? :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
the pacus might eat your reds tho or it might be the other way around

·
Registered
7 Posts
Guys i am disappointed.Iam afraid to say that the red belly pacu i bought has been decimated and tottally violated... by my tankbirthed red bellies!!! I afear that nothing with fresh blood and bones can survive in my and -personally i think-also yours aquariums. The only case a fish can survive will be just for a short period of time. If you don not believe i will soon uplod the proof to you! I've got a video that shows what's left of my beloved pacu after half an hour. Well, you gotta guess! Its head!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.