Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's a strange question, but i've had my rbp's for 2 years and have never seen them poop, nor seen poop at the bottom of the tank. I've been raising different fish for over 20 yrs. and have always seen them poop or seen the poop at the bootm of the tank, but never my p's. It must come out like liquid. I only feed them catfish nuggets. Has anyone else noticed this??

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
Dont worry. ive had red, sanch and mac and never, not even once seen any of them poo. neither have i ever found something that can be ID'd as poo in teh tank.

Dr.Giggles posted a pic of his marginalus ( i think) pooing. looked alot like most fish, long thin thread of crap.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I see mine from time to time, though usually the other fish in their tanks eat it up or eventually it rots down in the gravel or gets swept under my plants.

It doesnt look like "normal" fish poo in my mind though, it is usually just smaller pieces, no long trails like you will see coming from some fish or plecos.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah its weird, even when i vacuum, only very small particles come up, never anything solid.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
And that is because of the different ingestion (swallowing big pieces) and therefore an efficient digestion.
Poop comes out in small pieces quite rapidly.

Harry

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
never seen my ps poop either.

Hater

·
Registered
114 Posts
never have i seen the larger ones poo but my lil 1-2"ers seem to have a lil poo here and there comin out.. odd post but it is something I never thought of till now.. haha anywho poo away!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I have also seen my ps sh*t from time to time. The stuff is thin, wriggly, and has a pale pinkish color and is preceeded by a "fart". The poop is actually quite small in relation to the size of the fish. Nothing like the large globs produced by oscars.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've seen mine do it on numerous occasions. As a matter of fact, it seems that they frequently poop when I approach the tank to feed them. I've assumed this to be caused perhaps due to excitement at the prospect of eating and stimulation of their digestive system? Or maybe they're just so damn happy that they could just poop.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i had been thinking the same thing about the poop and then about a week ago i saw what looked like a large grain of sand come out of my p. my kids have a tank and i see those fish pooping all the time. (i can't believe i'm so bored i'm talking about p poop
)

(cool, that was my 100th post)

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Kinda odd, I too do not recall ever seeing them poop.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I see mine poop all the time. They will usually start pooping as I walk up to the tank and they get spooked. The funny thing is my P's poops is PINK from all the shrimp they eat.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I see mine poop all the time. They will usually start pooping as I walk up to the tank and they get spooked. The funny thing is my P's poops is PINK from all the shrimp they eat.
mines gold, from all the feeders they eat haha...jk...but seriously, might of seen some feeder lips, or atleast an eye or something in there logs

1 - 20 of 22 Posts