Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Captain P
2,753 Posts
I have 2 caribas that seem to change color a lot. One will be of normal complection and then suddenly within a few hours will go very dark. I know its stress but the onset is very quick, and it goes away usually very fast (a day or so). Has anyone else expierienced this? water parameters are fine.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Probably stress, but could be a dominance thing too. I haven't had it happen to my p's yet, but my clown loaches change color all the time, especially if they start bickering. one or two go greyish while the other turns a vibrant orange and black. It is actually pretty cool. I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

·
Captain P
2,753 Posts
Hrmmm he could've been in a fight. He does have a small knick out of his lip. What I am getting at is....how often does this happen in your tanks? Is occasional stress normall for p's? Is the onset of rapid darkening and then a quick recovery normal?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've haven't noticed it yet, since mine are small, but I would say yes it is normal. Almost any shoaling fish makes out a hierarchy in the shoal. It will proabaly continue espcially since you only have two fish IMO. If there were more fish the agression would be divided, causing maybe less stress.

Sorry just noticed you do have other p's in tank. But I would still probably say it is normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts