Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up a 30 gallon L and I wanted to know if a AC 300 would provide enough added water movement to keep enough oxygen in the tank? My other tank I have a powerhead and I was not planning on putting one in my 30. In the 30 is going to be a 2" possible Rhom (think it's a Rhom
).

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
ll´be oK...it´s enought you´ll have no problem!

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies. I figured the filtration was enough, I was not sure if there would be enough water tension to keep the Oxygen level high enough. I have used power heads before to increase the Oxygen level.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i would add a small power head just for more movement and to make it more like a river

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
grosse gurke said:
Oxygen gets into the water by surface disruption. When the filter returns water to the tank, there should be a rippling on the water surface that causes the gas exchange.

Adding an airstone will also help.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
sccavee said:
I'm setting up a 30 gallon L and I wanted to know if a AC 300 would provide enough added water movement to keep enough oxygen in the tank? My other tank I have a powerhead and I was not planning on putting one in my 30. In the 30 is going to be a 2" possible Rhom (think it's a Rhom
).
for a 2" Rhom in a 30 gallon tank you do not need to add extra oxygen

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Both of my Rhoms are in 30 gals each with 4" bubblewand and an external filter. They seem happy with the set-up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts