Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi all!,

I have heard many conflicting reports about being able to keep other fish in with p's.
I know about 80% of fish is out of the question, but i have 5 neon tetra with my p's and a catfish (cleaner duties!).

My 3 are baby rb's about 5" long, so i know they may suddenly turn into the fish equivilent of saddam hussein overnight and begin eating everything that moves- or maybe not??

What do you think Piranha people??????

·
The ASSMAN
20,570 Posts
The catfish may be fine as well as the neons. It is a roll of the dice. They could be fine for a year and then be eaten, they could last only a day, or they could last forever. These fish are individuals so there is no formula for what will work.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grosse Gurke, thats exactly what i thought....
I know its a bit of a gamble, but there is no hard/fast rules.

Its just a case of lets see hoew its goes.

So far, they are disinterested in the neons and catfish, i even put a platty in as food, but there not bothered by it.

I know this is due also to there age.

·
The ASSMAN
20,570 Posts
Look at the inhabitants in Judazzz tank. Although I think he removed all his piranhas teeth. Either that or they are just pussies.
. On a serious note, I wish I could keep 1/10th the fish he does with his piranhas, but it has not worked for me yet. All I have is a fricking pleco that craps all over the place.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,146 Posts
SnowCichlid said:
Currently have seprae, blck widow, & RBP in the same tank :smile:
how often do you replace?

·
Registered
27,337 Posts
The original mouse video piranhas lives with an oscar their entire lives and never messed with it. The oscar died at around 12 inches (the p's were 9-10) and they were all raised from babies in the same tank. Just goes to show you, anything is possible....

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
grosse gurke said:
Look at the inhabitants in Judazzz tank. Although I think he removed all his piranhas teeth. Either that or they are just pussies.
. On a serious note, I wish I could keep 1/10th the fish he does with his piranhas, but it has not worked for me yet. All I have is a fricking pleco that craps all over the place.
To be honest, I have to get new cannon fodder from time to time (but since I'm a pretty compulsive buyer, that's no problem), by overall it's going remarkably well.

The pleco's I have live with my reds since I got them (over a year ago), one crazy-ass barb is doing fine for over nine months (I guess he thinks he's John Wayne) and some others are also more than half a year with my p's (some cories and serpae tetra's).

It's a real gamble wheter you can keep other fish with your p's, and I think I'm just a lucky bastard, but I'm not complaining!

And Jeff, fyi: my reds are no pussies (given the fact that they can't stand sharing their tank with goldfish, and quickly slice and dice them...): they're just different

·
Registered
39 Posts
I had 5 tetras in with my 3 RBs along with a Pleco. They all were doing fine for the 4 months they were together then boom I wake up this morning and all the tetras are MIA. Guess the RBs decided to put their foot down.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess its a gamble everytime you throw fish in with P's.
Just be prepared, like Iraq, to accept large casualties!!!!!.

·
Captain Britannia
4,819 Posts
try adding a decent size pleco if you want but i do think the fish you have in now will be lunch
dixon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts