Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry everyone, I am a poll junkie and since we are still small enough for most regular users to have a voice, I will leave this decision to the users of piranha-fury. Every user's opinion matters here so please vote on this one.

Should we offer our users forums (and other options) for non-piranha discussion?

Please leave a reply with your thoughts on this subject as this will decide, in part, the future direction of the board.

Thanks, Xenon

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I like the idea of an all fish forum.
it won't take anything away from the piranha forum, but it will provide loads of info and personal experiences of peoples fish experiences.
also most piranha owners have experience with other fish so their is most likely a demand.
also on a simaler note if all the members are experienced their will not be much need for posting - we will all know how to solve our own problems and won't need to ask.

Thanks Xenon for this poll - you prove that you are a fair mod!

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Innes said:
also on a simaler note if all the members are experienced their will not be much need for posting - we will all know how to solve our own problems and won't need to ask.
I am not that passionate either way, but I think the name says it all, there are plenty of fish sights dedicated to cichlids.
Innes, I dont understand your argument quoted above. I could be wronge, because I am one of the few that has only had piranha's, but isnt that like saying if you had a sight dedicated to pit bulls and you wanted to add a different bread to the forums like german shepards, would owners not have similar questions, they are both dogs? How would adding more types of fish increase the questions about piranhas. I guess it could increase the membership which in turn would increase activity and posts but why would that interest p owners if the additional topics had nothing to do with the fish the sight is dedicated to?
Now I am just babbling

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
the point you highlighted was trying to show that if you only had people with piranhas on the board then you would not have many posts from people who were new to fishkeeping.
therefore the type of posts you are likely to get will all be along the lines of:
*"I just got my new tank"
*"my piranha ate a hedgehog"
*"Who here has what?"

and not serious fish questions like:
*"help needed - my fish is ill"
*"I just got this fish what is it?"
*"how do you keep the P.H. at a steady rate?"

as you can see all of the first type of posts are all statements with very little chance that anyone will learn anything, but the second are so much more likely to be educational and interesting.
I hope I have cleared it up now.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I wouldn't expect thier are many piranha owners who havn't learnt how to deal with these kinds of problems.
but I might be wrong.
but either way by having a forum dedicated to other fish than piranhas, it would increase the number of these kind of posts and also provide a more extensive source of information for those who just want to learn more.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Like I said, I am fine either way, but it is nice to have a sight dedicated to one fish instead of trying to please everyone. There are cichlid sights everywhere, but I dont not too many for just p's and asside from informational sights, I cant think of a good p only forum sight.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I think this site should be specific to piranhas. If you look at other message boards, there are some that are tropical fish in general with no speciality. Other boards that deal with piranhas have other predatory fish added. But I have not seen or at least not yet, seen a message board that was specific to piranhas only, except this one. But it won't bother me either way if a cichlid or any other fish forum is added.

grosse gurke: Schools today are sad, ran into some teenagers a while back that could not even make spare change

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
It has to be said how few of the members seem to want to vote.
Why not?
This is a topic which could determine the way this board is!
It should be a hot topic!

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great observation Innes....I am suprised how many people havnt voted.

The results of this poll are final. At this time we will not be posting a Cichlid/General Fish forum. I am not saying this will not happen in the future but for now this will be a piranha only site. :eek:oh2: If it makes the site stale, as some users mentioned, so be it. I dont think it will. I feel that everyone on here is interesting enough to keep this board going and I will try to keep adding more web content and features to attract more users and keep it fresh.

I have had conversations with the admin over at Cichlid Depot and he seems extremely cool and passionate about this hobby. I recommend people that have a lot of cichlid questions can go there for specific support. You can find a link under the forum "Links...." or the Web Ring. Of course, the members of piranha fury are also pretty knowledgable about fish so they will be able to help you to.

Remember everyone, this board is about the free transfer of information to enable this hobby to grow and prosper. This site is getting bigger and bigger each day thanks to every one of you....thanks again.

Xenon out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.