Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen/heard of a few tanks that have oscar's and p's shoaled together. Anyone have any success doing this? What are the chances that I can get an oscar to get along decently with my P's? Just thought a big oscar would be a nice addition to my tank. Also, I will get some pics of my set up soon. I just got some badass pieces of driftwood from the local river (letting it bake in the NorCal sun then sanding) and I'm adding some blackwater extract then my tank should be about where I want it. Will also get some pics of me handfeeding my little bastards!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL .....so I guess those other tanks with mixed shoals were just lucky flukes
....well just thought I'd ask...Thanks fellas.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i had an oscar in with 3 reds (when i was young and daft) i just ended up with a mouth shibby'd oscar with ragged fins after it kept locking mouths with my p's.
i do not recommend it but some people claim to have had success
dixon

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
DiXoN said:
i had an oscar in with 3 reds (when i was young and daft) i just ended up with a mouth shibby'd oscar with ragged fins after it kept locking mouths with my p's.
i do not recommend it but some people claim to have had success
dixon
no need for shibby lol

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I dunno. I have had sucess. I have a 10' Tiger in My 135. He was beaten badly at first but now is in perfect health. Ever since I moved two of the red out of there he has floursihed! Now If He dies that would suck, but better them fighting him than each other. So YES it can work, I am one of those flukes...Also I am moving 3 more P's out of that tank... so he'll be ok... NO doubt. He is one tough bastard.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
It can be done depending on your fish temp if enough room and well fed...anyway i won´t recommend it...
!

·
Registered
211 Posts
it worked for me. as long as you get them as babies so they can grow up together and keep them well fed you will have much better sucess.

Also depends on the piranhas and oscar, fish, like people have different tempermants, attitudes, etc. Some people are friends, some people are enemies.

But it worked for me, the only reason i stopped doing it was because someone offered me money for the piranhas and i sold them and had the oscar. Now the oscar is so big, he would try to eat the baby rhoms and red bellies i have.

So if you do try, just remember to keep them well fed and start them out together.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts