Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone i have four 4"rbs and im in the uk i want to try and get one or two oscars for the same tank but cant find any big enough locally does anybody know where i can or any sites which ship to uk also am i lightly to succeed with mixing them?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I can only answer the likely to succeed part. There isn't really a definiative answer to that, but I've had good luck so far. My oscar is about 1/2" bigger than my biggest P in my tank and he doesn't get nipped or chased or anything. I make sure my Ps are always well fed though. He even likes to get in on the action with feeding sometimes and steals feeders. Not sure where you can get one in the UK though, sorry :sad:

·
Beautiful One
12,070 Posts
Yeah as long as your p's are well fed they shouldn't mess with the oscar just don't get the white ones they may mistake him as a big shrimp or chicken or something. They may get their fins occasionally nipped at though.

·
Captain Britannia
4,819 Posts
you can get oscars quite easy in the uk maybe your lfs can order you one to a specific size or keep looking but i would get a separate tank i have had oscar's in with reds due to tank space problems and afterward they looked terrible tail nips and one tried to lock mouths with a p and lost part of its lip that was when i took them out and gave them away
dixon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts