Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, im just wondering about my new oscar..it has yellow and blackish gray stripes..the pic isnt too great, but it displays the stripe pattern..could it be a zebra oscar?..

Btw...ive heard you can train them to roll over..true or false??

thanks alot ..
Eden

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,887 Posts
i think but not sure that i saw one labeled wild oscar
i knwo that doesent help

but that fish is amazing ,i love that pattern

·
Registered
167 Posts
well ive never heard of a zebra oscar but its probably a tiger oscar(i can see the pic its way too blurry) and no i dont think you can train them to roll over. But they can be trained in a way... i pet mine and hand feed them.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
wow nice coloration on that oscar i think it,s a tiger but im not sure

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I'm almost posotive it is a tiger. Just a very nice one at that, good pickup! See the one in my avatar. That one was like metallic.. It was from walmart but died later! I thought I might be able to save it!
Fav. Fish. Ever!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Looks like a 'Common Oscar' to me. Actually looks exactly like the little 1.5" common Oscar looking at me right now in the ten gallon in my bedroom.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
never seen them roll over, but i ahve seen them shoot ping pong balls out of their tank by popping their mouthes at them.......

·
Registered
575 Posts
that deffiatley has the marks of a tiger oscar
whats the temp in your tank?

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,888 Posts
Hey Edin,
I'm sorry nobody gave you any real answers. First of all, yes, your Oscar in the attatched photo is indeed a Zebra Oscar. Please note that zebra oscars are more commonly known as Common Oscars. Wal-Mart is known most for calling the Common Oscar a Zebra Oscar, but you were on the right track. Second, yes, oscars can be taught to roll over for a treat, however, I am not familiar with fish training, so I cannot help you in this field. Don't be afraid to contact me.
~Taylor~
[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts