Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to try and mix a couple of more fish in my 55 with my tiger oscar named ozzy
but anything that gets put in now is lunch and dinner he is very territorial and i have heard that there not supposed to be.not even my pleco can be seen he goes after him also it's like what ever he sees in front of him or in the tank with him he wants it out.Oscars are without a doubt the best fish i have ever owned

·
Registered
277 Posts
Cichlids are territorial, in a 55 you will be fine with an Oscar and your Pleco. You can see your Pleco at night when your Oscar is asleep when the Pleco comes out to hunt. Oscars are not as aggressive as some of the Central American species, you have seen nothing yet. Congrats, you are now hooked on Cichlids.

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
nice you should post pics

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
RAZORTEETH said:
I was going to try and mix a couple of more fish in my 55 with my tiger oscar named ozzy
but anything that gets put in now is lunch and dinner he is very territorial and i have heard that there not supposed to be.not even my pleco can be seen he goes after him also it's like what ever he sees in front of him or in the tank with him he wants it out.Oscars are without a doubt the best fish i have ever owned
anything thats too big to fit in the oscars mouth should work out fine.

·
what up NINJA
4,581 Posts
piranha45 said:
RAZORTEETH said:
anything thats too big to fit in the oscars mouth should work out fine.
my 5" alb. oscar and my 5" pleco fight like little bitches while my 6" tiger oscar just chills.

Oscars, no two are the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.