Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im planning too buy a oscar to mine 9 reds. they are around 6-7cm and the oscar is about 16 cm i think will it work?? My reds are pretty cowardly but they use to go mad when ive turned the light off and are in my bed and watiching them from distance

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
cross your fingers..and rearrange all of the aquarium.....

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
The Original Mouse Video p's had an oscar in with them for 2 years. I think it might work for a time. I would go ahead and try it but rearrange the tank and make sure they are well fed! Good luck!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
They must be well fed!

Be carefull, Oscars are not sissy, they are territorial and can harm a P if they want!

Plenty of room needed!

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i agree the odds look pretty bad and the oscar will get its tail nipped constantly ,it may also lose parts of its lip trying to defend its territory trying to lock mouths with the reds
dixon

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
It might work, but as said oscars are aggressive fish, you might be better with a gentle giant - what I'm not quite sure, but an oscar would have a chance

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
let us know what happends with the oscar. I have seen it done many times.
My pacus is living with my reds no problem. But you do have too keep them very well fed.

MAD

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
Based on the other threads on here today about this topic, the Oscar will not live very long.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts