Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an oscar with holes in its head, what causes this, what is it, and how do they fix it?

BTW, i remember this topic came up a while ago, and i used the search feature but it couldnt find it. does anybody else have problems with search feature?

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
HITH is caused by a paracite in the intestins.

it is caused by poor water conditions and is mainly associated with cichlids - to cure you need to provide good water qiality - this is not considerd infectious

to desiese & paracites

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
Innes said:

it is caused by poor water conditions and is mainly associated with cichlids - to cure you need to provide good water qiality - this is not considerd infectious

to desiese & paracites

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
yeah I happen to have one cichlid in one of my tanks with this as well

and it is not contageous... Keep on top of the water quality and as well a good varied feeding and it should help reduce it some and keep its life happy
Also if you are early in the game you might be able to rid it completly with some meds, although they sometimes are just a waste of money...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Innes said:

to desiese & paracites
True. Cichlids are the only FW fish that get HITH.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.