Piranhas Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Why do people care if he feeds his fish an Oscar? Most of you chastising him have no standing to do so. Just to remind you, look at the video section and see what kind of a board you are on. Don't be a bitch, grow a sac, and keep quiet.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Waste of fish and money...still, it´s your choice!

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
cfr3 said:
Why do people care if he feeds his fish an Oscar? Most of you chastising him have no standing to do so. Just to remind you, look at the video section and see what kind of a board you are on. Don't be a bitch, grow a sac, and keep quiet.
It's more about whether or not the prey can be killed and eaten in a timely humane fashion. I have one Oscar and the thought of feeding it to one of my Rhoms is quite out of the question and far be it for me to call anyone an idiot , they are quite aware of their status in that department.
That's just my opinion , I don't hug trees , I'm not a vegetarian and I don't need to feed my piranha large fish that will suffer a long and drawn out death to make me feel more manly or tough.
What's your reason for doing so?

·
Registered
321 Posts
winkyee said:
cfr3 said:
It's more about whether or not the prey can be killed and eaten in a timely humane fashion. I have one Oscar and the thought of feeding it to one of my Rhoms is quite out of the question and far be it for me to call anyone an idiot , they are quite aware of their status in that department.
That's just my opinion , I don't hug trees , I'm not a vegetarian and I don't need to feed my piranha large fish that will suffer a long and drawn out death to make me feel more manly or tough.
What's your reason for doing so?
The truth is that I don't feed Oscar fish to my piranha and don't think that I ever will. However, I don't cry like a little girl when I hear about someone else that does do this. Its just god damn fish. I just want to let the man do what he wants without a bunch of whimpering from everyone else telling him it is cruel. If you are worried about animal cruelty I got a some websites that might be much better suited for you; www.spca.org & www.I_AM_A_WHINY_FAG.com

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
It is still a waste of a perfectly good fish that is way more expensive than feeders. Get a LARGE goldfish and use it as a feeder as it will be less expensive.

Oh yeah, cfr3, I got a DNS error when trying to visit www.I_AM_A_WHINY_FAG.com

Cool it guys or my friend here in my avatar will "pull the f'n trigger till it goes click".

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Well since you are all bout the "mean streak" that the piranhas have. To satisfy your urges and since you don't mind wasting money why don't you buy some reds and throw them in there. I'm sure rhoms eat them in the wild from time to time. Or maybe if you can find a large payara you can feed your rhom to him....and yes your are a moron.

and as a side note "nobody f's with the jesus"

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
RHOM said:
I get off on witnessing the aggresion of piranhas, whether it be a rhom or a schoal of reds, and whether it be on a piece of meat or a mammal, it does'nt matter
I think your the first to ever admit this. I apologize for my salty comment even though you told me to stick something up my rectum.
But, I have a tender spot for oscars. They're like dogs with fins. Very intelligent fish. (for a fish)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey RHOM I think you have every right to feed your fish whatever you want man, that's why it's your fish. The only reason people are freaking out about it being an oscar is because they happen to like oscars... but some people like goldfish and might be horrified by a normal feeding... or what about people who keep mice as pets? haha
But anyway, it's rhom's money that is being wasted here, so let him do what he want... and theres nothing wrong with enjoying the agressiveness of the fish.

"8 year olds dude."

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i agree with cfr3's comment (page 1) its up to him what he does ,i wouldn't do it but oscar's are fish like feeders its not like he wants it to live with the rhom which im my opinion is worse a possible quick death with a rhom or living stressed to hell with a bunch of pygos id go for a quick one.
i have kept oscars with reds so before anyone jumps in and i dont recommend it on any post and you can check using search but if he wants to use it as a feeder then its up to him his money his fish.
and yes i do like oscars i have kept them seperate to p's for a while added them with reds due to tank problem (it cracked) and gave them away asap
i think the oscar will probably lose its jaw trying to mouth lock the rhom in a fight trying to defend itself and then will be killed hopefully quickly.
its not too different when mad got flamed for adding a rat to his tank he took it on the chin and i hope RHOM can too no bickering just getting along and chill
dixon

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Actually, if you think about it, every living thing is considered prey.. even humans. Its all the cycle of life, whether you agree on it or not. Your emotions will get the best of you when seeing another fish, that you'd consider as a pet, being fed to Ps.. but at the same time dismiss the fact of having the same emotions for feeder fishes.

Change for 98 cent from a dollar..

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.