Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
i dont know much about the quickness of its growth rate, but one thing i do know is that they get terribly big...

·
Registered
951 Posts
Mine grew pretty damn fast once i started feeding him feeders. Before that he barely grew but within a month of those feeders he grew about 4", it was amazing.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
yea i would imagine that feeders help any predatory fish grow at amazing rates when it is only a juvenile.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
tank size can also be a factor

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What type of feeder do you like to feed oscars...rosies? Oscar seems kind of slow just wondering what the best choice would be.

Thanks for the responses.

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
jasert39 said:
What type of feeder do you like to feed oscars...rosies? Oscar seems kind of slow just wondering what the best choice would be.

oscars can move a good deal faster than you might think, and their trademark cichlid protractile jaws give them an incredible advantage when hunting fish-- works like a close-range vacuum. They can AND will eat anything that fits in their mouth, from giant danios to rosy red minnows to feeder goldfish, no matter if the little fish themselves SEEM alot faster than the oscar

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
piranha45 said:
jasert39 said:

oscars can move a good deal faster than you might think, and their trademark cichlid protractile jaws give them an incredible advantage when hunting fish-- works like a close-range vacuum. They can AND will eat anything that fits in their mouth, from giant danios to rosy red minnows to feeder goldfish, no matter if the little fish themselves SEEM alot faster than the oscar
i agree with that.

i feed mine just regular goldfish and even rosey reds. as said before....oscars are fast when they want to be (chasing feeders)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts