Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about final, talked with Ron and getting 10 3-4" inch Cariba. Planning on getting them shipped to me Thursday or Friday.
Gonna be worth the wait for sure!!! I am putting them in my 180 that I just finished cycling. Hopefully I can get hold of a camara and post some pictures in a couple of weeks once they are all settled in. I think 10 will be a couple to many for life in my 180(72x24x24). Probably more like 8 once they reach about 9-10 inches. What do you guys think? Sound about right? Don't want to lose any to overcrowding! Thanks for the input in advance!
Jake

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
sheesh u are the sh*t i wish i could but 10 caribe thats what 1000 damn near? whoa i dont think i could do that whew but ill buy a couple from ya but not 10 dammmmmm

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Nice. Get some pics of these bad boys when they arrive. That would make one hellava school. How much are you getting them all for?

~Dj

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I just check Ron's pricing and if he were paying full price for all 10 it would come to 450 bucks...dang thats mucho dinero...this isn't including shipping either. Congratulations on your pick up man...I'm sure they will be well worth the money.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Since I am buying 10 of them Ron is giving me a few bucks off each fish. Still will add up to quite a bit but I figure when they get bigger and when I have to sell off 2 or so it will make up for the whole purchase. The depth of the tank is 24 inches so it should work out nicely I hope. I'll for sure get some pictures up, but it will be about two weeks because they won't be here until Thursday or Friday and I will probably get a digi. Camara that Sunday so probably the following week. I can't wait for these guys to get here it should be fun!!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Nice picks man!!! Props to Ron for giving up a deal. Make sure you post up some pix, man!! Because we'llbe getting some also soon!!!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Jake,

Thats an awesome deal! Good size tank too. Must warn you though at 3-4" they can be very aggressive towards each other and may nip each other regardless of space. I have kept two separate shoals of 3-4" and have noticed that they tend to be aggressive. Never lost a caribe but have seen some serious fin nips. Keep em well fed and they'll grow fast! Also when you introduce them to your tank keep a close watch on them that they dont get to caught behind your heater. G-luck and keep us posted. Heres a pic of my current shoal (3"-5"). and one from my first shoal (8").

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Nice pics hollywood. Makes me want to put together another school. I dunno though...

~Dj

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.