Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should i do, It lloks like I took my Pinky finger and scratched him deep with it., Not to deep but it broke the first layer of scales and skin

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
will do fine IMO..a pic would be appritiated :nod:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
If it is just a light scratch it will heal on its own..If it is fairly deep just use melafix and or some salt...Piranha are amazing healers and you should be just fine.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
It sounds like itl be fine, from your description. I'd add some salt to prevent infection & promote faster healing. I had a tern that had a good, clean bite (nickel sz) outta him from his tank mates. He didn't look all proportional afterwards but with salt treatments & sml daily water changes, it only took around 1.5 wks to heal. Its amazing how these fish recover from injuries.

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
Should be just fine. as long as the fish is moving normally and theres no sign of infection or fungus a scratch will heal up in no time.

if yo feel the woundisattracting unwanted attention from the other tankmates, seperating it could be an idea.

best thing is probably just to leave it, if you are as "lucky" as most pygo keeprs you will se many injuries in the time to come.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts