Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was feeding my reds some cubed blood work, When I poped the cube out of the package the peice of foil on top whent in with it. It was gone beore I had a chance to retrive it. do you think a p's digestive system will be capable of passing the foil.

Thanks
Rick James

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I was feeding my reds some cubed blood work, When I poped the cube out of the package the peice of foil on top whent in with it. It was gone beore I had a chance to retrive it. do you think a p's digestive system will be capable of passing the foil.

Thanks
Rick James
yeah they should be alright....try feeding the one that chomped it a pea to help the digestive system...

·
"Pygocentrus cariba"
11,882 Posts
Man, it's hard to say. I hope it wasn't too big of a piece.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
~Taylor~

*Topic Moved to Feeding and Nutrition Forum*

·
06 C6 LS2
7,996 Posts
I've had a 6 inch red pass a 2 inch crawfish claw with no ill effects, so I don't think you'll have a problem.

·
these cold eyes lock much wonder...
5,370 Posts
now thats what i call packing fudge,,i know sour joke

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well you guys made me feel a lot better thanks. He just grabbed it as soon as it hit the water. Mabe he was attracted to the shinny flash? I will let you know how it goes but so far he seems fine.

Thanks Again
Rick James

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
Yeah, take sharks for example, notably the Tiger Shark.

Chicken coops, metal drums, bottles of wine, unexploded munitions, auto tires and license plates are just a few of the items found in stomachs of these fish.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
i had a red that used to eat the suction cups off of the heaters
you could see the big bulges in his stomach
they are like garbage cans in the wild so he should be fine

lol..shiny turd :laugh:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did a gravel vac and found 2 pieces of foil that would amount to what was dropped in the tank. So I can sleep again. Thanks for all the comments guys.

Rick James

1 - 12 of 12 Posts