Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He just hang out alone in a plant. His one eye is pretty dark, much darker than his other.. anyone know what this is?
Should I take him out and put him in a different tank and feed him up? Or should I leave him be?

·
Registered
855 Posts
how long has he not eaten?? if it is longer than a week isolating him might work and just toss in some feeders so he can eat at his lesure.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I had the same thing happen to my rb a few weeks ago... The one that I had was constantly being harrassed by the dominant rb and would always chill in one spot and not eat. One night I grabbed a shrimp with a pair of tongs and slowly put it in his face with the tank light off. He ate the shrimp and over the next couple days, I continued to feed him live and frozen food this way. Eventually I seperated the two and he began to eat fine on his own again. Chances are your fish that isnt eating is stressed. I hope everything works out.

Regards,
Jamie

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
i just added RBPs to my new tank. i had about a 2.5 inch wild red, and 4 little babies.

the bigger wild red just chills in his densely planted area. he swims around once in a while, and chases off the barbs that come into his area. he lets the babies chill with him sometimes, but sometimes doesnt feel like it.

its been 2 days, havent seen him eat, but ive seen the babies eat.

guess we'll see how he turns out.

im attributing it to stress. as he's wild, and did the same thing when i first got him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts