Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my father, his friend and I went striper fishing on my dad's boat. We ended up catching 43", 41", 36", and 34" stripers, 3 keeper cod, and many other cod that weren't keepers. Check out the pics!

33" cod

the 43"er getting gaffed and pulled in

my dad's friend with the 43"er

my dad with 41"er on right & friend with 43"er on left

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
damn those are some huge fish..were are you??

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Whoa they are fat! What time did you get up to fish and how long did the fish tip take? Last time i went fish was DEEP SEA FISHING! I barfed so many times it wasnt funny and i came home with 2 salmons and 2 30lb hulibut. It was not worth the trip i tell you. Im looking for more kick back fishing but be abel to catch nice large fish.

·
Registered
972 Posts

Nice hawgs!

Where are you fishing at? What depth? You must be fishing pretty damn deep if you landed some cod.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My father has his boat in Scituate, Ma. We left around 6:30 this morning and fished until about 2pm. All of the fish were caught near the green 21 buoy in Cohasset, Ma. in waters between 50 & 100ft deep. We were just drifting and live-lining mackeral that we jigged up. It is a real fun way to fish. Just throw a mackeral on the hook, toss him out, set the baitrunner, and wait for your line to start screaming out. You give the striper about 5 seconds to swallow the fish and rip into him. After that you are in for one hell of a sweet fight.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Nice catch man!!!

I take it your Ps will have more then enough supply for food??

·
Registered
972 Posts
That is so damn cool largemouth! I have fished at least 500 bass tourney's and haven't been this excited before.

I thought cod were in waters between 500-1000 feet dep tho?

Being a bassfisherman, I'm not saying that's the depth and only asking because I dn't know, so I hope you understand.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha Yea, no more feeders for awhile

Reckoning, you are pretty much correct. I think when people do charters for cod, the captain usually takes them out into 300+ feet of water to catch the really big cod. The real big boats at our dock always go out that far to catch the big ones, but we catch a lot of smaller ones right off shore, no more than 2 miles out. I'm sure once the waters start warming up, most of the small ones we have been catching will move to deeper waters too.

·
Registered
972 Posts
largemouth said:
haha Yea, no more feeders for awhile

Reckoning, you are pretty much correct. I think when people do charters for cod, the captain usually takes them out into 300+ feet of water to catch the really big cod. The real big boats at our dock always go out that far to catch the big ones, but we catch a lot of smaller ones right off shore, no more than 2 miles out. I'm sure once the waters start warming up, most of the small ones we have been catching will move to deeper waters too.
Either way, I'm impressed and am so glad you shared it with us!!

Thanks for your info tho. I'm sure you know that with me being a tourny bass fisherman that my skillz with what you do are very limited.

Thanks man. I hope you keep talking about your adventures here. If not here, please PM me because I can't begin to tell you how much I'm interested in it.

My name is actually "Fish" because ever since I was 7 that's all I've ever done or wanted to do. Not joking btw.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's awesome! I wish I could make a living at fishing. I hope to someday start my own charter business. I'll definately keep posting pics of our trips....as long as the fish keep biting

·
Registered
972 Posts
largemouth said:
That's awesome! I wish I could make a living at fishing. I hope to someday start my own charter business. I'll definately keep posting pics of our trips....as long as the fish keep biting
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to brag at all. I only said that to let you know that I was genuinely interested and as to why I was.

I find your adventures captivating and I hope you understand that I wasn't meanining to brag about what I do as much as why I wanted you to know I was so interested.

Keep the pics and adventures coming...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nope, I didn't take it that way at all. I wouldn't mind seeing pics of some of your tourney catches. By the way, where do you do most of your fishing?

·
Registered
972 Posts
largemouth said:
Nope, I didn't take it that way at all. I wouldn't mind seeing pics of some of your tourney catches. By the way, where do you do most of your fishing?
Depends on where the tounaments are, but I live on the shores of Lake Erie. Right next to Edgewater State Park, and the fishing in Erie is amazing.

I grew up in Michigan but have never seen smallies, perch or walleyes in such abundance as here. It's just simply amazing.

I hardly ever have to go shopping for anything because I almost always have enough to eat from my catches out of the lake.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.