Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a RBP that I rescued from my LFS ... it origonally cam in the same size as all the other P's but got picked on and they ate his eye...so I took him home and am going to raise it back to health... its been doing fine now without any other P's to pick on it now for a few weeks now.
I was just wondering if anyone else has anything they can comment on about one eyed P's TY in advance

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
they tend to be more jumpy and aggreesive because of its handicap and lack of vision, at least thats what ive been told

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
humm they can still see pretty well, I have a p they only got half of one of his eye. hes doing fine, or he'd be eaten. he also seems to be the first to eat.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I've heard they do just fine

·
Registered
698 Posts
Innes is right they do fine. Fish have a lateral line which senses motion, so that helps the P stay alive. But it would be better to keep it solitary or he might lose that other eye and then your left with buying him sunglasses and a piano.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
.....or put it in a tank with blind cave fish!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, i had 7 in a 33 gal. They were babies, but one lost its right eye in the first 5 minute in the tank. He lived for another 6 weeks. However it wasn't even half the size of the others, and the other day i found his skeleton.. they ate him. Now i have six.

http://personal.nbnet.nb.ca/piranha/

troy :rockin:

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
i also got a red with one eye i bought for my lfs. he was 5" when i got him now hes 7" and i still have him in my 180gal with reds that are larger then him. ive had him for about a year now. hes my favorite red. my buddy named him eyeless. :laugh: . when i turn on the light in the room,insted of darting to the corner of the tank to sit. he swims on his side to protect his only eye from the light. i love him :rockin:

when he dies i will cry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.