Piranhas Forum banner

One Eye Murdered

835 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  RhomZilla 
#1 ·
I am aware that P's like to take chunks of each other and is normal but this morning I noticed

One of them had a chunk of eye missing and Im afraid he's blind.

Does anyone know if his eye will grow back or at least get better??

Three 2" Red's in a 40 Gallon Tank.

#5 ·
Hello Krupt and welcome to the board. It sucks that your first post has to bear such news. Sorry to hear about that. But yeah, as it was stated before, everything pretty much can be regenerated on a P, All except eyes.

~Dj

#7 ·
Thanks everyone for your helpful reply's. I've been examining him closely and he somtimes get lost while his freinds school together or when It's feeding time it takes him a moment to react. On one ocassion he accidently bumped into a plant all though he still swims around since he has one good eye.

What do experts suggest I should do?

#8 ·
They will be blind on one side but it will take him some time to adjust. For the time being, keep a close watch and you may want t seperate the one eyed one until he knows how to use only one eye. Anyhow, he will most likely to become the weak link and may result in endless beating and maybe death. Keep us posted and watch out for him

#9 ·
It will never grow back, sorry to hear that man...!

#13 ·
Honestly, the only thing he'll loose (other than his eye) is his rank in power. You'll need to keep a close watch on this guy. He'll be trying adjusting to his new condition, while other Ps will be watching to see if they can take advantage of its weakness. But as son as he does adjust, he'll be able to shoal just like the rest of them.

I had a one eyed 7" RB. Shoaled and terrorized just like the rest of 'em. I also had a 5" RB with one lazy eye.. most aggressor and biggest of the 4 other RBs before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.