·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bullsnake said:
It's a House Centipede.
Pretty cool. I think they eat spiders.
[snapback]917226[/snapback]​
HELL YES, spiders are my sworn enemy. He shall live and prosper.

·
Registered
49 Posts
just dont let it bite you... its stings like a bee.
but yes it means your house is damp and has lots of other bugs to feed it!
my cats would try to eat these things...hillarious to watch as it freaked out in their mouths.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Bullsnake said:
GRLRCR said:
just dont let it bite you... its stings like a bee.
but yes it means your house is damp and has lots of other bugs to feed it!
my cats used to try to eat these things...hillarious to watch as it freaked out in their mouths.
[snapback]917240[/snapback]​
No, this species of centipede can't hurt a person. Here is a profile on the species:
http://www.uark.edu/depts/entomolo/museum/..._centipede.html
[snapback]917242[/snapback]​
KEWL thanks for the research, but read the bottom of that I was afraid to get too close to it take take a better picture. Its in a dark corner of the room and I couldnt tell if it was a spider or not. Spiders, as mentioned above, are my arch enemy.

Although house centipedes are not aggressive, and their jaws are not powerful enough to break human skin easily, they will sometimes bite in self-defense. Severe swelling and pain can result from the venom injected, but in most cases the bite is no worse than the sting of a bee.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Although house centipedes are not aggressive, and their jaws are not powerful enough to break human skin easily, they will sometimes bite in self-defense. Severe swelling and pain can result from the venom injected, but in most cases the bite is no worse than the sting of a bee.
right from you article...ive had one bite me before and i work at a museum where we identify bugs...but yes normally they are harmless and do more good for you by eating other bugs.

·
Registered
375 Posts
But seriously, I hate bugs. And I know that some are beneficial, but if it's in my house where I eat, sleep and love, it's dead.

·
Registered
880 Posts
mr limpet said:
But seriously, I hate bugs. And I know that some are beneficial, but if it's in my house where I eat, sleep and love, it's dead.
[snapback]917326[/snapback]​
for real dog you r wasting time. smash the little f*cker and get it over with. i wouldn't even be tryin to sllep with that thing

1 - 20 of 44 Posts