Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also, at my lfs they have a fish that is listed as a ternetzi, but i think it is a spilo. its about 3.5" how do I tell?

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
FeederFish33 said:
also, at my lfs they have a fish that is listed as a ternetzi, but i think it is a spilo. its about 3.5" how do I tell?
totally different body shape ..looking through the piranha fact sheet ...that should help you out

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Talking to Frank and it doesn't sound like its a great idea to mix species...too many variables but others have had success...know that you need to take more time and energy to quote unquote...keep the peace.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
FeederFish33 said:
As far as I know, Ternetzi's very rarely make it into lfs's: I guess it's a Spilo...
A pic would help

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Perfect fish/gal combo. You can add 1or 2 more. Yeah, rule of thumb is 20 per fish, but there have been occurences where more fish than the min 20 gal has been successful.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I you have the fish already, then go for it, it should be OK. But if you still have to buy the fish, I would go for 3 reds 5 caribe and a ternetzi. And maybe a piraya.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts