Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i might be getting a free drilled 240 (8'x2'x2') tank with hood stand and internal weir ect. i was looking for some ideas of what to stock it with. i was thinking of a nice agressive fish but not piranha. just something which is a little more personable you know but that makes a nice conversation point with guests ect something a lil different.

any ideas!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
wolf fish?

shark of some kind?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oooo with a tank that size you options are endless!

Personally id go the peacock bass route!
Coolest fish ever!
lol indeed. just depends if i can fit it in my house. ive got a wall the exact size i need but there might be a problem in manouvering it in. so heads up uk members next year there might be a 8 footer up for sale!

·
^word
4,323 Posts
Payara or African Tiger Fish!!!most Definately!Hell, why not Both or a couple of one or the other.
How many ATF/Payara are personable?

[/quote]

I have never heard of either being too interactive. Plus both those fish you mentioned (providing you could keep the Payara alive) would require at least 1000 gallon tanks.

Rays. They are one of the most intelligent fish you can own in your fish tank. They are very interactive and will get to know you quite well. A hystrix, retic, and even possibly a motoro would all be happy in a tank like that.

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
If you want personality, I would get a fahaka. Very active, unusual looking, and VERY agressive.

But with a large tank like that, I am sure you would want more of a community tank.

·
^word
4,323 Posts
If you want personality, I would get a fahaka. Very active, unusual looking, and VERY agressive.

But with a large tank like that, I am sure you would want more of a community tank.
I thought about suggesting Fahakas too, as they are absouluty grand fish, but in a 240 gallon one fahaka puffer sounds like a bit dull compareds to the many fish you could keep in that tank.

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
or frontosa
Would make a nice tank but heard conflicting reports of skittish/responsive to owners.. but you could get 10 in there.. 24g per front is the min..
[/quote]

you can do more then 10 thats forsure. unless they are all 15 inch maxed out adults.

·
^word
4,323 Posts
or frontosa
Would make a nice tank but heard conflicting reports of skittish/responsive to owners.. but you could get 10 in there.. 24g per front is the min..
[/quote]

Yeah, if your looking for something owner responsive then frontosa are not your thing, other than Moba's, frontosa are generally regarded as being quite skittish.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.