Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gettin very pissed off i cant catch 2 fish that have ich, or however you spell it....i gotta get em outta my tank, and cant catch the damn things,,,,,,they are just too fast,,,i have been trying for 2 minutes straight!!!! anyone know of anyways to get them into a net or snything else..i got a 75 gallon tank with 6 pirhana beby reds, about 2.5 to 3 inches.....helpppp pleaseeeeeeee

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Try catching cichlids in my 266g! My method is just keep chasing them until they get tired and use 2 nets.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
All you have to do is lead them into one net with another. I caught a whole bunch of danios like that out of my 75 gal real quick.

·
4,053 Posts
It might be best to treat the whole tank for (ich)thyophthirius instead of taking the fish out.

·
"Bruce Lee" the Legend
5,194 Posts
:laugh: Keep trying, I've had that problem a few times.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
i hate trying to net fish. i got the sh*t kicked out of me by my pygos when i moved them. i was totally drenched and so was my room. i still have all my fingers though! this works well with p's, don't know about smaller fish. get a nice size piece of tupperware, etc., isolate the fish you want to catch by chasing him to one side with hand, net, etc. when he gets near the glass slowly move the tupperware, etc. toward him and catch him in it against the glass. slip the lid between the glass and container and voila! that's been working for me on my p's. you go through too many damn nets the other way! oh yeah, if you want to be a ninja about it poke some holes (jaggeg part out so it won't hurt fish) in the plastic container so it moves more freely in h2o. not necessary to use a container though.

·
Oh, SNAP!
3,806 Posts
mr.freez said:
maybe lowering the water level would help some
[snapback]832975[/snapback]​
I agree, it would make a big difference, just make sure to save the water you take out to put it back in after you're done.

·
my sister is #1 best prostitute
10,963 Posts
i take out all decorations and lower the water by atleast half then i use a clear plastic 1 gallon pitcher, get a lid as soon as you lift it outta the tank the fish goes nuts and its like a blender with out a lid and they could jump out..

i gave up on nets when i caught one of my p's and it bit right through the net and was flopping on the floor snaping it mouth try to romove as many of my finger as possible for try to moving it..

·
The ASSMAN
20,570 Posts
Just add salt to the tank, raise the temp a little and dont worry about it. No need to cause the added stress of removing the fish when ich is easily treated with a threatment that is harmless to the other fish and your bio-filtration.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
grosse gurke said:
Just add salt to the tank, raise the temp a little and dont worry about it. No need to cause the added stress of removing the fish when ich is easily treated with a threatment that is harmless to the other fish and your bio-filtration.
[snapback]833664[/snapback]​
Wise words

Trying to catch them will only cause additional stress, making your fish even more susceptible to ich. Stressed fish also heal a lot slower, so just treat them in their current tank the way GG said.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
take your time just move slowly and corner them or try to come up from below them.
you dont want to damage them.???????????

1 - 20 of 22 Posts