Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Someone asked a while ago, and will probably never see this thread, but I am keeping my word
He's 4-4.5". If I knew how to post multiple pics, I'd post some with some perspective....but, the quality of all suck, because my cam sucks. Some day I will get a real cam

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Reminds me of my brother's blue lobster that just died recently...he was less than a few months old.
Thats a pretty lobster jabster

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx. And the measurement, to be clear, is tip to tip in that pic. His body, from base of rostrum to tip of tail is ~3-3.5". tHE LARGER ROCK IN THE HEAP BEHIND him is ~3Lx2H". So, I do have some perspective
I just noticed that. Took the pic a while ago.....just looked at it

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
nice really stands out with the white gravel

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Jabster, is that lobster in with P's? If so, what kind? And what did you provide for cover? I am thinking of getting one of these babies for my tank!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes, he is in with my red bellies. I put in a 4" 45 degree PCV elbow and covered it with stones, and blocked in the back with some driftwood, with a second exit only he can manage to get through. Only he, the pleco and the mainganos can get through the front, but the mainganos dont dare, and the pleco just does the house keeping. You can see part of it in the left of the pic. Well, here is a pic for an idea. Its a little bulky because every day I had to restack it after the Ps dismantled it during the night. So, I just stacked enough until it was very stable. When I move this summer I am going to silicone the rocks to the PVC so its less bulky, and leave the "front door" stone unbonded so I can remove to clean out if need be.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh, and he is blue
I have an actinic and an aquarays bulb on the tank, partially blocked with foil. The water doesnt look that blue in person, actually barely at all. I guess the camera just really picks up those wavelengths.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Hey one question, do the piranha's bother him at all? or dose he just stay in his home?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just the smallest one occasionaly investigates him, but the blue guy will quickly defend himself. And he does come out quite a bit. The WILL anhialate one when they molt, though, if they do not have enough room for themselves and old shell to hide in when doing so. They are pretty feeble while molting and look like a tasty shrimp rolling around on the bottom
And they cant really walk away to avoid it.....no skeleton (not rigid anyway) ya know.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My LFS sells them for $15. I paid $10 because they hook me up every once in a while. I dont really feed it anything, but everyonce in a while I will use my tank claw thing and hand him a shrimp, or the remains of a floating goldfish. He scavenges off the bottom, and occasionally catches a live gold fish. No name yet, just
"the blue guy" :D

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
He is a pretty lobster, anything blue is pretty gorgeous in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.