Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Lets hope I bring home another monster!!!

Oh, don't mind the cob webs. I try not to touch this guy much due to all the detail. You can litteraly see the water drops on his wiskers and under his chin. His nose took a ton of time because he finished it with a needle, and made it look identical to a real live deers nose. My taxidermist kicks ass. Not cheap, but definately dose a fantastic job, and by a great deal of attention to detail. And it takes almost a year to get your mount back after you drop it off. It is now 4:08, and I will be leaving for the woods in around and hour or so. It's very warm this year for deer season, so they will want to lay down. It's useually snowing, and they can't stop moving, so the action this year may be slow until we get some guys rounded up to do some drives. The big bucks won't move unless you step on them when it's this warm. Well, gotta go get my sh*t together. Wish me luck!

View attachment 127622
View attachment 127623

·
ROCKINTIMBZ
6,551 Posts
as a city boy all I gotta say is thats amazing..taking a trip to middle america soon and plan on shooting a couple of deer city style from a moving car on the side of the road

·
Allergic to stupid sh*t!!!
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL!!! Come to my town. Not hard todo a drive by on a group of up to 20 deer here. But I don't suggest it. Becuse it unsportsmanlike

·
ROCKINTIMBZ
6,551 Posts
LOL!!! Come to my town. Not hard todo a drive by on a group of up to 20 deer here. But I don't suggest it. Becuse it unsportsmanlike
I know.. my friend told me he was with his cousin driving on the road and saw this deer. He used the spotlight to blind it and shot the poor bastard without leaving the truck.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I know.. my friend told me he was with his cousin driving on the road and saw this deer. He used the spotlight to blind it and shot the poor bastard without leaving the truck.

[/quote]

lol it's called shining and it's illegal as all hell

·
ROCKINTIMBZ
6,551 Posts

[/quote]

lol it's called shining and it's illegal as all hell
[/quote]
thats what he told me after that..im sure blinding them is illegal as is shooting something from a moving vehicle off the side of a public road is
ok ill shutup dont want to derail

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
maybe youll get lucky and someone will shoot you

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts
Unsportsmanlike???
The whole hunting concept is unsportmanlike, would you say?

G

·
Unsportsmanlike???
[/quote]
Umm...No. Why do you think that?

·
6,712 Posts
Unsportsmanlike???
[/quote]
Umm...No. Why do you think that?
[/quote]

Whats sporting about shooting an animal not even on the same level as your dog?
You want sport, get into airsoft or paintball.

G

·
Whats sporting about shooting an animal not even on the same level as your dog?
You want sport, get into airsoft or paintball.
It depends what you mean by "level".

It's actually very difficult to get close to a deer that knows he's being hunted. Deer have unimagineably acute hearing and a sense of smell thousands of times greater than our own, -senses really beyond our comprehension.

They're smart in the way that they know the sights, smells, and sounds of own territory and will quickly pick up on any type of disturbance. These are animals honed by millions of years of the predator-prey relationship. Deer aren't sheep.

Paintball is a complex game of 'tag" played by boys. Something completely different than hunting.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Exodus,

If hunting deer was easy, it would be called Shooting, not Hunting. Trust me, been hunting for about 25 years, they are WAY smarter than you can imagine. Some people, good hunters at that, go years or even their whole lives without ever getting a deer. Try it one or two seasons, and you will see just how incredibly hard it can be!

·
6,712 Posts
Exodus,

If hunting deer was easy, it would be called Shooting, not Hunting. Trust me, been hunting for about 25 years, they are WAY smarter than you can imagine. Some people, good hunters at that, go years or even their whole lives without ever getting a deer. Try it one or two seasons, and you will see just how incredibly hard it can be!
I have hunted deer once, and I will never do it again. Worst experience ive ever had while a gun was in my hand.
Hunting??? Come on now. Lets see. Feeding deer year round on your 'hunting' property then when season comes hiding in a blind, disguising your scent, waiting for an animal to come to you by luring it with food so you can only blast it away? Ya... real sport.... Sorry man, thats no sport to me.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Exodus,

I have hunted deer once, and I will never do it again. Worst experience ive ever had while a gun was in my hand.
Hunting??? Come on now. Lets see. Feeding deer year round on your 'hunting' property then when season comes hiding in a blind, disguising your scent, waiting for an animal to come to you by luring it with food so you can only blast it away? Ya... real sport.... Sorry man, thats no sport to me.
[/quote]

1) It's not legal to feed deer in NY, neither as bait nor for non-hunting purpose, b/c of CWD

2) Less than 1% of people I know own their own hunting land, so access is a huge problem

3) With a full time job, a house, family, etc and hunting areas about an hour to 2 hours away, not many people here get to scout much. Add to that the facts of 1. baiting is illegal and 2. you don't own your own land and therefore can't put up a blind in time to get deer used to it and 3. climbing stands that harm trees are illegal on public land and 4. there are a million hunters on public land - it gets very challenging, indeed.

Remember, just because you may have "hunted" a certain way does not mean that everyone "hunts" in the same way, or can if they want to. The whole world does not share your very same experiences.

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
Exodus,

[/quote]
for once i think danny and i agree with you

1 - 20 of 59 Posts