Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know it is not a true Piranha but still looks sweet as hell. Picked one up today and he was the biggest and most agressive of the shoal they had them in, i remind you there ere 5 of them 2-3" in a 10 gallon tank! Anywho, I highyl recomend Whimples to everyone due to there sweet looking whispt fins to there bad ass looking lower jaw. He/She is super active, doesnt sit still more than a few seconds. Will post pic ssoon. Right now he/she is 3" and has quite a bit of red in him/her.
anyone else own wimples? Also what are your thoughts on wimples?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes they can shoal and they have been bread in captivity, I liek these gusy due to the way they look and the activity level. Yes they are agressive.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
there is a link up top of one

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LMFAO while ROTFF

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so what do you all think of them? I paid 25 for the guy cause I knwo who he is and got him to hook me up and he is 3" I belive from the sexing pics it is a she but give ma week ro two so the fins are 100% so i can be accurate.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
so what do you all think of them?
Well it took over 200 of them to discovery its sexual dimorphism at 1 1/2" TL, so at the size you are looking it, should be quite visible, though the anal fin is so clear you might not see it unless you really look. As an aquarium pet, they will shoal for awhile then they slowly practice natural selection with the females being much more dominant. Keep their pH down and feed them shrimp, they seem to love it and of course live guppies. They are nasty critters and a sight to see when putting a cichlid in there, they literally denude the fish of scales. For a unique novelty fish, I rated from 1-10 a solid 8.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Bcollins111900 said:
Also what are your thoughts on wimples?
... about the only thing I can really say about them is that the common name should be change to something more accurate like Fake Piranha or something along those lines so that less confusion is given to the customers and also probally alot of LFS as well...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rolling on the fudgeing(you know) floor

1 - 16 of 16 Posts