Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw this pit breeder who did studding he charged $100 deposit fee and 400 mating fee.
i wanna do that even though i dont have papers for him is it possilble i could use him for studding? and if so how could i spread my services? need help again from p fury help once again! lol
im thinking 300 hundred mating fee 50 deposit for starters and if it was successful do i automatically get a pup from the litter?

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
First off, a majority of true breeders wont use your stud services if you dont have papers for your dog. Reason why is that they ONLY want the best from that bloodline which papers would definately show its authenticity and family history. Also if you did get to breed, the litter (pups) wont cost as much compared to one who has papers for them... and AKC doesnt just hand those out.

But if you did stud your dog, there should be a service fee or pick of the litter. If you have a bitch, then you pay the stud fee, give the other party pick of the litter, and sell the rest. Fees are always depends on the breed of the dog... which some are considered more exotic, popular, and valuable to the public.

· Registered
5,089 Posts
I agree with rhom on everything except about the stud owner getting pick of the litter. My family looked around to stud our dog (with papers), and there were no offers for pick of the litter. Maybe that is just in my area.

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
mori0174 said:
I agree with rhom on everything except about the stud owner getting pick of the litter. My family looked around to stud our dog (with papers), and there were no offers for pick of the litter. Maybe that is just in my area.
[snapback]851527[/snapback]​
Actually it depends on the agreement from both parties. I used to breed German Rotts (Von Douchen bloodline or some shiz like that) years ago, and the agreement was either pick of the litter, stud fee, or both. The owner of the bitch would definately make profit off the litters, so to be fair, the stud owner usually gets a pick of the 3 choices mentioned just to even out the price.

· Registered
2,386 Posts
MyNiggLos said:
i saw this pit breeder who did studding he charged $100 deposit fee and 400 mating fee.
i wanna do that even though i dont have papers for him is it possilble i could use him for studding? and if so how could i spread my services? need help again from p fury help once again! lol
im thinking 300 hundred mating fee 50 deposit for starters and if it was successful do i automatically get a pup from the litter?
[snapback]851490[/snapback]​
Not likely you may get to pick a pup from the litter but with so many good papered APBT's out there you're not gonna get paid.
These are links to some of the kennels and breeders out there:
http://www.pitlife.com/
http://www.angelfire.com/mo/bytekennels/
http://www.topsitelists.com/bestsites/top5...t/topsites.html
Lotsa breeders out there.

· Don't f*ck with the fairy.
4,547 Posts
FIRST OF ALL...

Not unless you CERF, OFA, Allergy Test, and get his patellas checked first. I would not suggest using him unless he passes all of these with flying colors (and I don't just mean OFA ok). Why pass on LOUSY genes?

As for fee, Pick of litter OR Stud fee is acceptable, not both.

You are much more likely to encounter agression problems and issues with lapses in house breaking with an unneutered dog. PLUS there is a higher risk for testicular cancer.

All in all, considering he has no pedigree, and if you're not up to getting him tested for genetic defects, I would say NO; just neuter him. However if you get him tested and he's excellent in all 4 tests I would definately say go for it! Just screen the females that are offered. You're allowed to be picky as to where your dogs genetics get passed on.

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx p fury i just mostly just wanted a male pup from the litter s i could call him Kaiser Jr. or somthing lol. oh and if he is pure breed then thats why i was looking into it. all the others are muts(not to say they werent great dogs) and i would never breed them.

· Registered
372 Posts
I can't believe you saved this dogs life just so you can make more homeless dogs? Ever been to a shelter? Do you know how many pit bulls die in shelters every day? Some say 95% of all pit bulls that end up in shelters never get out. And you want to make more?

If you care about your dog, get him neutered.

Now I'm sorry I tried to help you.

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mr limpet said:
I can't believe you saved this dogs life just so you can make more homeless dogs? Ever been to a shelter? Do you know how many pit bulls die in shelters every day? Some say 95% of all pit bulls that end up in shelters never get out. And you want to make more?

If you care about your dog, get him neutered.

Now I'm sorry I tried to help you.
[snapback]851947[/snapback]​
thats not the reason i allways want a pure breed dog so now i have one. dont make it seem like keept him just so i could make money off of him. and im not gonna get him neutered because i wouldnt like if someone chopped my sack off. and it was just a thought nothing that was gonna be taking action i know hes what too old. and just because i like pits doesnt mean others will i agree with you about the homeless dog thing but not with neutering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.