Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75 gallon tank. In it I have two 4" Piraya and two 4" Cariba. I got these fish from George on the 12th of January. I had the tank up an running for about three weeks before the Piranha's came in. I had 4 Zebra Danio's, 4 Red Eye Tetra's, 3 African Chiclids, and 2 Exodons in it. Then I added my Piraya and Cariba. It has been almost two weeks and all fish are still living fine with my Piranha's. Today I added two Gold Mollies and one of my Piraya ate them both in a matter of minutes. The Danio's, Tetra's, Chiclids, and Exodons still remain. I have those fish in thier so the Piranha's have something to eat and chase if they start feeling frisky and hopefully leave eachother alone. I'll see how long they last. RIP Mollies

Take Care,

Joey

· Registered
222 Posts
Joey,
My guess is that the mollies were introduced like food. In other words if the mollies would've been there first maybe they'd last a bit, but since u put them in after the Ps were there the Ps saw food. Anything I put in my tanks the Ps eat, but my exos and blk tetras are there still, but they were there first.
That's why your other fish are still ok.

· Registered
222 Posts
go to Jack's, they'll give u something for them. See if you can get feeders, krill or something for them. I've been trading with them for a yr already. I'd call them if I were you. You never know and if you can't, then take them out like you said and put them in days later.

Lou

· Registered
486 Posts
ive had a convict in my tank for many months now with my p's... and i had an oscar in there for a while too until i got rid of him. my p's never touched either of them at all. any new fish i introduce that are the same size or smaller are eaten/killed within minutes. definately has something to do with what has been there longer

· ~ATLANTA BRAVES~
15,116 Posts
usmctowgnr said:
Thats what I figured. I want to get rid of the Chiclids though. I wish they would eat them. Maybe If i take them out and put in a holding tank foor a few days then put them back in.

Joey
[snapback]862599[/snapback]​
Why dont you just give them to a local member or sell them to a lfs?

· Registered
3,149 Posts
gottagitdemps said:
P's are like the women I've dated.......you never know what the hell they're going to do and you never know when they'll turn around and bite you in the ass.
[snapback]863152[/snapback]​

Joey, if you want them to eat the cichlids, don't worry their clock is ticking. Before i had my p's i had ciclids and they had some fry. I sold the ciclids the LFS but they did not want the fry as they were smaller than 2". So i left them there for food, and it took my p's one week and the 8 fry i had were gone.
even with them being fed 2-3 times per day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.