Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 33 gal with a fluval 301 with a 4'' rbp and a 12'' pleco i have just purchased a 125 gal for them.i don't pick it up till sat.then the cycling process, a few days ago i finally found one rbp i want to have several in the 125gal but the lps would not hold him for me even paid. so he is now in the 33 gal. i no this is stupid he is 7'' and healthy but he is pretty pissed at me what could i do to keep him cool for a week or two till the other tank is cycled.i don't use live feeders i was tolled to stay off them.he freaks out once or twice a day like he is going to loose it. any help on how to buy time please let me know.thank you :look: i posted this in the wrong forum

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Take them both out and rearrange the tank if you did not when you added him. Lower the temp to 76-78, this will slow them down a bit and usually makes them less aggressive, and go out and find another red to even out the aggression. Right now all he can take his anger out on is the one red and that is not good. You are going to get more sooner or later so you may as well add another now.
The other option is to get a divider and separate the 2. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, you can get egg crate at a hardware store for almost nothing.
good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.