Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
That long? Those bastards are just looking for a reason to use them, trying to be more important than they really are. Hardly any economy to speak of other than arms trade and they want to be a key figure, not bloody likely. Insignificant states trying to bully their way onto the world stage, well they'll learn soon enough their place.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Neoplasia said:
That long? Those bastards are just looking for a reason to use them, trying to be more important than they really are. Hardly any economy to speak of other than arms trade and they want to be a key figure, not bloody likely. Insignificant states trying to bully their way onto the world stage, well they'll learn soon enough their place.
Korea actually has a sizeable, well equipped and potent army. It would not be a cake walk!

"Their representative made a 'blatant and bold' announcement that his country has nuclear weapons, and asked US Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian Affairs James Kelly, "What are you going to do about it?"
Um hello....Iraq...3 weeks...done.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
True but that and their nuclear program are the only things they have, they depend almost entirely from foreign aide to support the country. They can't feed their citizens (and use the goods donated to fund their nuclear program). Selling weapons is really the only significant trade they have, no real industry to speak of.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,830 Posts
So Korea has nukes...so do we...and we know how to use them...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Differnece is you don't want to use them, Korea does. They're trying to precipitate a modern-day Cold War only without the stability of the former Soviet government. They're reasoning is deterring the US from attacking them, but if it weren't for the nukes there'd be no reason to worry about that.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I say within a yr or so.. Whats US going to profit by going to war with Korea?? Disarming nukes.. nah. We'll probably intimidate them, but never go to war unless something drastic happens.
Honestly, Iraq was a dumb war to begin with. But as much as Bush will never admitt it, the US (and especailly Bush) is going to make a profit controlling oil off the victory against Iraq.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Hmm, maybe you haven't been keeping up with current affairs then? Besides the US has no need for Iraq's oil. I'm sure they will receive compensation in time but I don't see that being such a terrible thing, I mean look at what they just did, something the country of Iraq would never have been able to do on their own.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Neoplasia said:
Hmm, maybe you haven't been keeping up with current affairs then? Besides the US has no need for Iraq's oil. I'm sure they will receive compensation in time but I don't see that being such a terrible thing, I mean look at what they just did, something the country of Iraq would never have been able to do on their own.
The only people profiting are American companies winning contracts to rebuld the country. And yeah, that is the entire reason we went to war.....to give American companies contracts....sure....

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,830 Posts
Neoplasia said:
Finally someone sees it like that!!! Jeez, its about time!

I dont think were going to go to war anytime soon with Korea, unless they pull something on us.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Rule number one of modern warefare, (or close to #1) NEVER GO TO WAR WITH A COUNTRY THAT HAS NUCLEAR WEAPONS UNLESS YOU HAVE TO.

This is why we will not invade or attack Korea unless absolutely nessacery. They're just pissed for being named in the axis of evil and are trying to get us to back down from our stance. Yes they have a formidable army and now nuclear weapons, but for the most part they can't harm anything of interest to us besides maybe hawaii or california (or japan) but they have no real reason to. They're just trying to be cool like china with their nukes, except china has an economy to back the whole thing up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.