Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sounds like theres something in the impeller, but i have taken it off the tank and taken it apart and cleaned it out good a few times
it stops when the water level goes down about 2 inches, but then the splashy gets on my nerves, its a 29gallon tank with a penguin 330 and a whisper 60.........dont ya just love natives that sh*t alot????? ive gotta powerwash the cartridges once or twice a week :laugh:

·
8,405 Posts
Well, I sleep right next to a dual overflow so not too much sympathy for your discomfort

You could try changing out the impeller, maybe its just worn

G

·
I had the same problem. Sand will cause the impeller to smash against the sides, and rattle.

Buy a new impeller, or take the impeller completely apart and rinse all the parts.

--Dan

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have gotten the same prob with sand. I just stuck on a spare filter and let the noisy one dry, then I blasted it with some air from a compresor and the sand came right out. If this turns out to be the prob i sugest cutting back your intake tube to keep from getting sand in it.

·
Registered
863 Posts
You guys talk about getting sand in your filters,
personally i dont have fine sand just pretty much extremely fine gravel,(sand before it gets fine)

Why dont you guys use a zip tie, and some really thin cloth and put that over the intake, im sure there is something that wouldnt resist the water flow too bad that would keep sand from getting in your filter

what do you guys think

1 - 5 of 5 Posts