Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my RBP's for about a year now and it seems as if they have hit a sudden growth spurt, they have also been extra vicious as of lately. I keep them on a diet of Salmon/flownder basically the cheapest fish I can get at the grocery store. Once in a while I will feed feeders for fun but at most once a month. I recently bought a shitload of night crawlers to fatten up my Flowerhorn but he won't take them. So I just chucked a few in my P tank as an experiment and they fuckin destroyed the night crawlers consistantly I can toss them in one after another and they just gobble them up. Anybody ever tried this before? Whats the nutritional value of these nasty buggers?

·
Registered
925 Posts
well im not expert but i heard they were great for nutriotion, i read it in another post, maby even good for coloration :laugh: but i cnt remebr if they were meaning those or the other things they were talkign a bout too.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Has anyone tried breeding their own nightcrawlers? I cant remember where I heard it but i think alot of fishermen breed their own.

·
Aquarium Ninja
4,169 Posts
mattd46612 said:
Has anyone tried breeding their own nightcrawlers? I cant remember where I heard it but i think alot of fishermen breed their own.
[snapback]932722[/snapback]​
if im not mistakin night crawlers are A-sexual meaning they can reproduce without male female interactions...thus getting to the point that if you put them in a large bin starting with 100 worms you could end up with say 1000 in like 2 weeks or so,im vague on the reproduction rate but i can assure you thats how its done

as for nutritional values,yes they are good(messy aswell) but feed them to your p's too much and they can be bad

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I don't think my compressus will go after night crawlers fast enough, either they will burry themselves in the gravel or suffocate.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
waspride said:
I don't think my compressus will go after night crawlers fast enough, either they will burry themselves in the gravel or suffocate.
[snapback]932779[/snapback]​
My Spilo won't take them...anybody wanna buy him, he's 10" and on sale in the classified for the best offer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts