Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my first P today, a little baby red belly. w00t. Hes rad, when I fist put him in he took a little while to scout his new home then after about an hour he began terrorizing the feeders I've had in there for a few days. He doesn't seem skittish at all and hes only the size of a quarter. I think I'm gonna feed him some brine shrimp and bllodworms to start. When should I start giving him beefheart? The only promblem with the shrimp and the worms is the feeders keep eating it all. The biggest goldfish even fights back. I have 2 Plecos in the 30g tank should I take one out and give him to my brother or just leave him? the P hasn't even noticed them yet. Anyways this is not very important but I'm just stoked on my new baby.
Dave

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
nice one.
you should remove any fish that you value, however you could be lucky and they might get on for a while, just look at judazzz's pics to see that.
plecos are luckey than most fish with piranhas.

but any tank mates are potentially on the menu

·
Registered
564 Posts
I just love those little critters! One of my future goals is to always have a few little baby p's swimming around. They're so awesome! I think it is the best to see them grow up and become mature.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Welcome to the p world! When smaller they tend to not be skittish and are easier to get used to people and light. At a quarter size, I would feed him sinking carnivore pellets. Had great results when mine were that small. Beefheart if cut small enuf would be great as well, only thing is if he doesn't eat it, it could easily be lost in the gravel.

Good Luck

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright thanks for the advice guys. I'll pick up some of those pellets tommorrow. My P is just terrorizing the tank he chased the two feeders constantly for 4 hours nipping at their fins. He seems to have chilled now and had a couple bites of brine shrimp.
Dave

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
How big the Plecos are?

Sooner or later the Plecos will die?

Only if you let them...

to meet the new guy!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plecos are small probably 2 inches each, but so far the P is way more interested in the feeders which I guess is expected. I'll probably get rid of one soon (give him to the bro) or the P will get rid of em for me.
Dave

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Plecos have a fair chance to live. however please still expect to replace them at lest 2 - 3 times a year.
If you under feed your fish, then more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts