Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my freind was throwing out his old fish tnak, and i decided to pick it up, and start a new hobby! I am totally new to all this, so bear with me guys. He also gave me a light, hood, pump,and gravel ad a few rocks. What else do I need to get started? I am located in the bay area, fremont to be exact. Thanks for all the help I hope to receive!

By the way, the tanks top is kind of weird, so It might affect what Filter and heater I should get, to be more descriptive, heres a pic!

And I am not exactly sure on how big the tank is, since my freind got it as a gift. ere is a sticker,to help you gurus out, this is on the hood.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for the welcome... Yeah, I figured I could mabe stock three babies in there, and by June I'd be able to buy a new tank. And if I have insufficent funds for that, I'll just sell them. What do you guys think? I still need help on the filter and heater selections..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks guys.

Hey Rhom, do you have AIM by anychance?

was the LFS your talking about called Atlantis Aquarium ? and you dude, thanks for all your help so far, by far you have porbbaly have given me the most info...

Heh, judging by your name and flag, I thought you weren't even close to the Bay area.. heh

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet, I'm going to try to stop by Atlantis tmr, I'll just ask them how big it is, I'm not too good at measuring. If you have Aim, my aol/aim name is Chongo740 . Just IM me the loaction, and we can chit chat as well..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok, I figured it out, I'm gonna stock my tank with 3 RBP babies. Then in june, I'll be buying a 55 gallon.

Are RBP illegal here in cali?

anyways, im not home right now, I'll measuer the stuff when I go home..

later guys, and thanks for all the help so far..

Oh yeha, one more thing, how do I go about cycling a ~15 gallon tank?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
First.. how big will the RBs be that your putting in your 15 gal? If they're frys, I hope you do follow through with your idea on a 55 gal by June!! Because even in their baby stages, they can be mean 'lil suckers!!

2nd, Yes they are illegal in Cali.

For such a small tank, you can cycle it for 24 hrs. 2 days most.
The Ps will be fry.
So how exactly Do i cycle my ~15-20 gallon tank? Should I go out and buy a few gold fish?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
ok, so would three frys and a pleco be over crowding a 15 gallon tank? I'm already looking for a bigger tank! Just won't have the funds till june. Thanks guys, take care..

oh yeah, about the pleco, any more specifications? size? type? etc etc..

thanks again dudes!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.