Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few Q's do you have to feed them live feeders. I dont really want to feed goldfish because of health reasons. Woud white fish fillets be ok. Also I found a place that has individual frozen smelt would this work when there bigger. Finally do RBP's eat frozen bloodworms and other frozen foods very well when young and how much frozen fish would 4 eat in a week.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Finally someone who wants to better health for the Piranha's and not a f*cking frenzy of a 20" Rat... White fish filets are AWESOME. I feed mine a mix of shrimp and catfish to keep them growing and maintain their color~!

·
2012 Is the year the World ENDS!!!&#33
4,009 Posts
It could cost about $20 a month on frozen food. I feed my octopus, squid, shrimp, smelt, and a live feeder once a month for a treat. Change up their diet and you will health P's.

PS: I spend about $28 and I have 7 caribes 4" to 7"

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Mine are on Catfish, Tilapia and Shrimp. I was eyeballing these little squid the other day, may try those out, would be a great photo shoot lol...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
greenmonkey51 said:
How much would 3 RBP's eat in a week. I need to figure out the costs for feeding.
[snapback]939684[/snapback]​
Depends on the size of your 3 inch reds. I bought a 4 pound box of Tilapia for 9 bucks the other day. Thats going to last a long time. You could also buy a big bag of froze raw shrimp, the bigger the bag the more you save and the longer it will last you. I think it would be cheaper than $20 a week, but again that depends on the size of your fish and their diet. If your reds at still small (less than 4 or 5 inches) I would highly recommend frozen krill. I fed that, along with other things at the start, and krill was like a coloring steriod. They grew quick and have beauitful red on them. Can't go wrong with krill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts