Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres my deal. i have a 50 gallon tank. 3 ft long, 21 in tall, 12.5 depth. i just got so it has no water or nothing. i need to cycle it after i get back from christmas break its at my apt and i am going home for a month. i was thinking to cycle my tank when i get back could i....use the bio spira and 10-12 tetra or danios to cycle my tank. the reason i want to use fish is because i wont be able to get my P.s untill the summer so that 3 months. i been reading on cycles and many people use fishless methoid but i dunno. i also have a tiger oscar that i want to throw in there after the tank is cycled untill i get my ps. would this work?? and i have 1 more question wheen school gets out i have to transport my tank to my house which is 1.6 hrs away. so that only wheen college gets out for the summer. is there anyting i need to do when i get home with the tank. do i need to recycle it over again?? thanks for the help.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
If you want to have it set up in the meantime then yeah for sure get it goin. with the bio spira and the tetras. Biospira kicks much ass.
as to when you move. I would reccomend that make the tank the last thing you pack up and the first thing you setup when you get to the new place.
for transporting the fish depending on the size I would suggest getting a rubbermaid tub with a lid and a battery operated air pump. that will give you the most time for transport. just make sure to use tank water to fill the tub.
For your bio media. Just toss it in a bucket with some more tank water. And when you get set up in the new place you won't have to worry about cycling your tank again.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thanks alot answered all my questions

when you said transport the bio media and put it in a tank do you mean the filters and the wheel?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts