Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possbile to have a planted tank with them or will they mess everything up?

How do u guys have ur tanks set up?

PICS would be awesome..

I wanna get an idea of what to do with my tank

· Registered
506 Posts
Smaller Tanganyikans won't do anything to the plants....Mine dont....Here's some pics...But I'm not doing plants anymore because of the algae problems and when the algae get's on the plants it kills them(on mine it did)....I'm sick of it. If I were you i'd stick to drftwood and rocks.
This pic is after trimming the plants because of HA.

· "Pygocentrus cariba"
11,249 Posts
Cichlids are a wide class of fish. You need to be more specific. Certain cichlids need their own habitats. There is a major difference between South American Cichlids & African Cichlids. If you feel like, it e-mail me telling me what you plan on raising, and I'll give you a detailed reply on what kind of habitat you should construct.
~Taylor~
[email protected]

· tap or snap
10,596 Posts
i wouldn't say that sa and ca cichlids have a "major" difference. water requirements are more or less the same, as are the general biotopes [but those aren't requirements]. africans vs new worlds are a different story.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.