Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents got me a new terrarium for my carpet python. It's one of the Exoterra ones with the front opening doors. It's the 24x18x24 model. So it's a decent size. They figured since my carpet python was getting bigger he could use a larger cage.

I was wondering how long I can keep him in it til I need to upgrade him? What size should I be looking at ultimately as a final enclosure size?

Thanks.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I bought my JCP as a baby and kept it in a 2'x2'x4' I had it for 2 1/2-3 years before having to sell it, it was 7" long when sold. IMO the cage wasn't nearly big enough.

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics of the setup or the snake?

I don't have the setup done yet so that'll have to wait a bit. Pics of the snake I already have - the snake pic in my sig being one of them.

·
Serras n Snakes
3,571 Posts
My parents got me a new terrarium for my carpet python. It's one of the Exoterra ones with the front opening doors. It's the 24x18x24 model. So it's a decent size. They figured since my carpet python was getting bigger he could use a larger cage.

I was wondering how long I can keep him in it til I need to upgrade him? What size should I be looking at ultimately as a final enclosure size?

Thanks.
Congrats on the new enclosure! Alot of people use this formula for their enclosures ... half the snakes length for cage length, 1/4 length for width. Height depends on the species. Aboreals get between 18 and 24 inches usually and nons are limited to 12.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts