Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here's a closeup of my P

oh and the tank beside on the pic above is is old 10 gallon one

HEhe still a bit of bubbles on the galss, filled it yesterday. plunked him in today

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
nah... no worries man, you have lotsa live plants and such. Toss in some minnows and that Tank will cycle SUPER FAST. I got a 130G tank Pefect for all levels in only 3 days! All you need is minnows and LIVE PLANTS. Plus thats cool you only have one of them. They get REALLY mean if they are alone. We have 1 thats alone and he's nuts. Kills fish just for shits and gggles. Doesn't even eat some...

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Those bubbles on the side of the tank usually mean the tank was just set up. Those bubbles are from clorine and clhoramines that are evaporating from the water. Thats the stuff that your local water companies dissolve into your water to try to keep it safe for drinking. Not the best stuff to have in a tank with fish. Did you cycle your tank before adding your red? Hopefully all turns out well. Good luck. Nice fish by the way.

~Dj

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Markosaur said:
about the size of my hand
What's the size of your hand? 4"? 10"?

Anyways, that red looks very colorful to me, so I think he's not stressed out much...
And are those bubbles not just air bubbles: where I live, they don't add a lot of sh*t to the tap water, and every time I set up a tank, I'll have the same bubbles (hell, they even show up when I fill up a jar with fresh tap water...)

Very nice redbelly, M
What's he like, character wise? Skittish?

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
great stuff!! congrats on the new tank keep up the good work that p looks really healthy. have fun and keep us posted with more pics

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Those bubbles are from the tace amount of chlorines they put in drinking water. When clorine escapes form being disolved in water, it comes out as gas. Therefore, you get bubbbes.

~Dj

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Judazzz said:
Markosaur said:
about the size of my hand
What's the size of your hand? 4"? 10"?

Anyways, that red looks very colorful to me, so I think he's not stressed out much...
ROFL!!!

Those bubbles are from the tace amount of chlorines they put in drinking water. When clorine escapes form being disolved in water, it comes out as gas. Therefore, you get bubbbes.
I was gonna say the exact same thing when I saw the bubbles in the background from your RB pic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.