Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
I ugh, got a new tank. or i meen a used tank. yea yea my big tank is comming. but i got a free 100 gal. Id like to buy some baby reds for it i think. yay or nay? i am cleaning it right now, not to bad, just a lot of dust, i am also going to home depto to get som new PVP pipe for it and then going to the pet store for a filter and maybe a heater.
Reds? id like to get some babies..

Or go with some other frash water fish?

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I think this board will be biased to suggest reds. I will then be the first. Either that or some other P.

~Dj

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
HmMM since you have piranhas maybe you should do a change up. Im thinking of doing a ray mixed with fly river turtles and maybe some cool dwarf colorful snakeheads or maybe a aro. =) If you want to stick to piranhas then go for a massive amount of Reds. This way they wont be scared and you will raise them from juvi so they know who you are. Reds are misunderstood, i believe its the way you train your fish to be not skittish not how it comes naturally. All fish are naturally skittish when in a new tank/surrounding. Always in a large group they feel more comfortable. Reds have the potential to be just has nasty as any other Pygo out there. Mine were at least. Have fun decideing.

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
Ya i would suggest to mix up your collection a bit since you already have some P. Whens your big tank set to be done?

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
6 Cariba will do great in your 100g!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Congratulations on the tank...Green with envy you got it for free though
Good to see you posting in Piranha Discussion again Bobme...I haven't seen you for awhile. I would go Caribe or a few piraya.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
Where is the pics of the one you were building and that many gallons for free is awesome. Congrats kev on a 1,000

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
free 100 gallon tank, I wish I was that lucky

1 - 9 of 9 Posts