Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anything to speed up new tank syndrome?
It real bad in my tank and there somethign else thats weird

my pirahana seem less active adn they dont chase feeders as much, do you think it it something in the water or like maybe they ate too much the day before, because it does seem that i overfed them a little bit

does B-clear work?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea but i dotn think for long enough

how long does it take for new tank syndrome to go away?

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
You can use an old filter and gravel in your new tank to speed up the process.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
ya, its seems your piranha are suffering the "home-sick syndrome" ... More than likely you added your fish before the tank was cycled. How long was the tank up and running before you added the fish.

I am sure they are stress at this time.. Do what was mentioned above to help out the water parameters..

Good Luck

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is it ok to use table salt?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
first off u need to check your water parameters. how do u know that u cycled your tank. when your cycle is done when the ammonia 0 nitrites 0 and nitrates 10-20. go out and get a water test kit. if u did not finish your cycle i would get some bio spira asap. this will speed up the cycle process

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
where can i find bio spira, i check on petsmart.com and couldnt find it, u got any pics of the bottle so i knwo what to look for?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Before we can give you any kind of useful help...
How long did you cycle your tank for?
What are your water parmaters?
How large is your tank and how many fish are in it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
If your signature is correct , 3 rbp in a 29g is a problem waiting to happen I would seriously consider getting a bigger tank and adequate filtration.

·
Registered
107 Posts
its going to take a while before your ps get active again. sounds like they arent used to their surroundings yet. They can be shy for months on end. Takes a while before they get to know you, their surroundings. Plus over feeding isnt training your ps to be active at all either. I skip feeding days pretty ofter. Make them want food, but love each other at the same time... Its Tough...

·
8,410 Posts
Phtstrat said:
Before we can give you any kind of useful help...
How long did you cycle your tank for?
What are your water parmaters?
How large is your tank and how many fish are in it?
[snapback]861292[/snapback]​
AGREED!!! to help we need info...

As far as bio spira goes, open the phone book, and call EVERY LFS in it you may get lucky!!! It can cycle a tank REAL FAST, and I speak from personal exp.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
you could get some 'Cycle' from pets at home. buy a big tub and put slightly more in than usual, you cant overdose so dont worry, it may just cloud the water for a few days.

should get you up to speed. also, check your water conditions. my fish only went in yesterday

·
Registered
813 Posts
No product except Bio-Spira will work. Bio-Spira is the only correct bacteria.

Bio-Spira must be refrigerated, so call around your LFSs.

Check your water parameters.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts