Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a couple of new pictures of my redbelly tank. Instead of the usual close-ups, I decided to take some shots that show more of the tank as a whole.
The (6) fish you see are between 5" and 7,5", live in a 80 gallon tank, and get along great: besides a minor fin nip approx. once a month, I don't have any trouble keeping these guys in check...

Enjoy :smile:

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
VERY NICE...great picturea taken as well

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Super duper!
Those reds are pristine.

·
Registered
873 Posts
what are the dimensions on an 80 gal? is it an inch wider than a 75? man, I would love to find a couple of reds that looked like that locally.

nice stand and canopy aswell . . . how are those plecos holding up?

~Will.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Awesome tank Judazz!
I can't wait until mine are that size. What brand camera do you have? It takes beautiful pictures for only being a 1.3mp. I got a new 2 meg HP camera yesterday, but my 1.3mp Olympus seems to take better pictures.
Doesn't make much sense.

Cudos though!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Very nice indeed!! Also love the coloring of your RBs!!

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
yes nice shots dude!! big ED

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Great...congrats...
!

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks y'all for your compliments :smile:

iLLwiLL: the tank's dimensions are 52x20x20" (130x50x50cm.), and even tho I don't like the color of the stand/canopy, it's a high-quality tank, and I'm very pleased with it (even more because I got it for only 90 bucks, complete with lights, eheim canister, 300W heater, plants, fish, unused gravel, and two boxes full of random stuff
)
The pleco's are doing fine: I got them together with my biggest red (march 2002), and never had any trouble besides some minor nips.

piranhabar: the camera I use is a Sony DSC-P20: I bought it because it was on discount, but it turned out to be a fine camera indeed! I must add that for each picture I submit here, about a dozen are discarded, so it's not all cool and sweet...

btw: the pictures do those guys no justice when it comes to their coloration: the flashlight washes out the colors, and in real life, they have bright red, almost fluorescent bellies, almost comparable to those "super reds" (god, I hate that term
), just not as much red.
But not bad for a bunch of tank-raised reds, I'd say...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Beautiful tank and fish. I have 5 rbp in a 75 and they get along fine. Mine also incur a fin nip usually once a month. And also like you, I want to upgrade to a 125g. I am waiting until I have my own house though. If you check my signature, I already have a crap-load to move as it is. Beautiful pics, the hard work and care has obviously paid off. Well done!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts